In the summer of 2018, your Mary Cummings Park webmaster raised a group of Monarch butterflies from eggs and released them at Mary Cummings Park. Here is how that came about:
1. My good friend Andrea asks if I can raise her monarch caterpillars since she is going away for vacation and I say sure.
2. I learn to raise eggs to caterpillars to chrysalis to butterflies and release them at Mary Cummings Park.
3. I mention this to Vance Gilbert, who asks where the butterflies go and I reply that I don’t know because – I don’t speak butterfly.
4. Vance requests a song by that name and I write one. I like the song.
5. I decide to try AirGigs and have someone wonderful sing it and play it on piano.
6. Liel Bar-Z sings it and Diego Zapatera plays it.
7. I create a video to go with the song. Visuals created in Photoshop, animated in Final Cut Pro X.
For more songs by Uncle Jon, visit his website.